Our Club offers many opportunities for women to connect, learn and advocate through Interest Groups and other activities.
Interest Groups meet regularly. Members are encouraged to form new interest groups. Presently, we offer:
- 3 Book Groups, 2 evening, and 1 afternoon.
- 2 Bridge Groups
- Gourmet Group
- Issues & Actions, which coordinates Club Advocacy Activities
- Ladies Leisurely Lunch (New this year!)
- Le Groupe Francais
- Outdoor Group
Other Social Activities include the following Fundraisers:
- Annual Wassail Party held in December. Donations are collected to support our local women’s shelter.
- Potluck, featuring Persian entrees, held in April to support girls’ education in Afghanistan through Women for Women in Afghanistan.
- December 6th Memorial Luncheon held each year on the National Day of Remembrance & Action on Violence Against Women. Hosted by the CFUW Toronto Caucus (Toronto area CFUW Clubs). Funds are directed to the CFUW 1989 Ecole Polytechnique Commemorative Awards in memory of the 14 young female students who were murdered because they were women.
Periodically, we host special events. An example was a community screening in 2013 of the NFB documentary Status Quo? The Unfinished Business of Feminism in Canada.
There are also ongoing opportunities to attend the events of local CFUW Clubs, CFUW Ontario Council Speaker Series & Workshops and National and Ontario AGMs.